Mr. Tomislav Sunjka will be attending the 16th Annual IBA Anti Corruption Conference in Paris on 12th and 13th of June, in the capacity of Regional representative of the IBA Anti-Corruption Committee for Europe.
Topics will include:
• How to recover assets but avoid confronting the corrupt politician directly
• Lost in translation: Negotiating multijurisdictional proceedings and settlements
• Double jeopardy
• Self-reporting and legal professional privilege in the context of bribery investigations
• Navigating the data protection labyrinth: due diligence, cross-border investigations,
internal reporting mechanisms and investigations in the era of GDPR
• Mock trial before the World Bank Sanctions Board
• A doctrinal dilemma: corruption issues in parallel criminal and arbitral proceedings
• The legal profession in the firing line – customer and transaction due diligence post-Paradise Papers
Detailed programme for the Conference can be found here.